Sunday, January 1, 2012

My goals for the new year

Yep, new year, new goals. I mostly met last years goals and I need to give myself new challenges to keep going. Getting into the mindset of "everything is perfect" can lead to laziness... I know myself. I plan to hit a weight maintenance range this year sometime mid year, but I will be constantly working on improving my fitness.

I'm not going to say I'll run a marathon or anything like that, but I'm setting an ambitious goal of exercising 5 hours a week for 50 weeks of the year. So, 250 hours of exercise. That exercise can be working out at the gym or with tapes/DVDs at home, walking, biking, gardening or major, heavy cleaning at home (not day to day stuff - but like cleaning out the garage or basement or a top to bottom cleaning of the whole house).

I also want to lose more weight. I initially thought of 165, but I went from 180 to 170 so quickly (and then back up from 171 to 183 in a blink!), I could see that 160 was attainable and possible. So, I will shoot for 160 by this summer. That is 23 pounds from now. Totally doable.

We are also probably going to Croatia this summer in August. I need, neeeeeeed to feel good about being in a swimming suit. While in my dreams I would be able to flaunt my body in a 2 piece. I'm being realistic in knowing I'll probably look and feel better in a one piece. I will work really hard on my fitness so that I'll look the best I have looked in a swimsuit since high school with my 42 years of damage, of course.

To keep track of my progress, I will continue to take body measurements once a mont. And for the swim suit challenge, I had my husband take photos of me in my workout bra and a fitness skirt from the front and the side. I will have him take new photos once a month so I can see the progress. Pictures do speak volumes for me. I had half a mind of sharing the January 1st swimsuit challenge photos, but egad. I can't do that to myself. You will just have to take my word for it that I have a January 1st photo and I'll be taking new photos as I go along. Maybe, maybe when I get to August 1st and maybe if I've somehow managed to somehow transform this body into something I'm proud of, maybe then I'll share the photos. Right now, however,I don't have the guts to do it. I should look at my truly before photo of me in a swimsuit too. I know we have a few of me at a sprinkler park when I was close to my highest - 265. (don't think I have anything of me in a swimsuit at 275). Maybe that will help me realize how far I've come as right now, when I saw those photos of me, I felt pretty horrible about how I look currently.

And from now on in my signature line I will put my highest weight ever as my starting weight, not just where I started one year ago. All of those pounds are successes. I wish I could even say that my highest weights were when I was pregnant, but that is not true. I was heaviest when not pregnant. Sad, but true.

Lastly for this new year, I hope to find that all of this is normal. That eating the way I eat is normal eating. That exercise is something I do because I want to instead of I have to. And I hope to find acceptance of my new body instead of finding all its faults and hyper focusing on those faults.

I have high expectations for 2012. 2011 proved that near miracles could be achieved with hard work and persistence. Now I have to prove that I can keep it up and hit maintenance.

Stats for 1/1/12:

Highest weight ever: 275. Now: 183.2
Total hours worked out in 2012: 0/250

Monthly measurements:

Starting chest: 47"  Now: 41" (change since last month: down 0" for a total loss of 6")
Starting Waist: 43" Now: 33" (change since last month: up 1" for a total loss of 10")
Starting Hips: 50" Now: 42" (change since last month:duo1" for a total loss of 8")
Starting Arm: 18" Now: 14.5" (change since last month: up .5" for a total loss of 3.5")
Starting Thigh: 30" Now: 23.75"(change since last month: up .5" for a total loss of 6.25")

No comments:

Post a Comment