Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Found some before photos of 275 and 265

I was searching for  before photos of me at a water park about three years ago, but I couldn't find them, but I did find some others. And actually, I found them shocking. I truly had fooled myself about how heavy I had gotten. While I knew I was fat, I didn't really see or feel as fat as I was. At least not until more recently when I was starting to get sick from the weight, bad diet, and inactivity.

So, here are several photos. The first four were taken the same time in 2003 when I was at my highest of 275. The next was taken in 2004 and the last in 2006. The first four I weighed 275. Then last two, 265. Which is twenty and ten pounds, respectively more than I weighed when I started for real with this weight loss this past January. And as always, you can click on the picture to enlarge it.

In Croatia at a castle with my husband, my father in law and my older son when he was six. (looks a lot like my younger son now!) I will never forget that day. We had to walk up a ton of stairs to get to the castle and I was dying from the exertion. The rest went on up and I huffed and puffed my way up. I was so terribly out of shape. I also remember really trying to look as skinny as possible for the photo which I utterly failed at.

In Croatia on a hot day.

In Croatia on another hot day.

At a banquet for work. This was me looking at my best (unfortunately, the picture quality is bad).

New Year's Eve (midnight) 2004

 Fall 2006, regained all the weight after having my youngest.

As far as newer photos, I do plan to take the 80 pounds lost from 255 to 175 when I get back down to 175 again. A bit less than two pounds to go! But seeing these true before photos was shocking. I avoided the camera as much as I could, so there aren't many of me, but here they are in their full glory. Yikes!

Never again!

Stats for 1/18/12:

Highest weight: 275 Now: 176.8
Total hours worked out in 2012: 10/250

1 comment:

  1. I'm swinging in to say hello from 3FC - I cannot believe how much more defined your facial features look with your excess weight gone, it is amazing and makes you look younger! Like you, that tends to b the first place I notice it Domingo and the first place it leaves from, which is fortunate as it helps me see changes more quickly.

    Keep going Melissa! You're so stinkin' close to your next goal!

    ReplyDelete