Friday, January 6, 2012

Finding exercise elsewhere

Today is just one of those days that would be really nice if there was a do over possibility, but since that is impossible, I just had to make do.

I was signed up for a class today, step class. I was looking forward to it too despite it being a really busy day today. Plans had to change though and I thought, "Well, there goes exercise for today." And since I know I won't be able to go to an exercise class on Saturday as its orthodox Christmas and we have stuff at home, that is two days off where I wasn't planning on it.

But then I started to think more on it and excise doesn't just have to be while bouncing around a gym. The best exercise is making movement part of life. So, since it was a gorgeous day, I walked to my son's school where I volunteer every day, then I later walked to pick him up from school and afterward, we walked around the lake (well, I walked, he scootered) and there you have 3 miles or 45 minutes of exercise. I timed myself for two of the three miles and yes, 15 minute miles.

I can maybe fit something similar in tomorrow. Not being able to fit in the gym is no excuse to skip movement. I have to get that drilled into my skull!

Stats for 1/6/12:

Highest weight: 275. Now: 181.8
Total hours exercised in 2012: 3.75/250

No comments:

Post a Comment