Monday, June 20, 2011

Zumba!

Going to my first class of Zumba this morning. I have no idea if it will be too hard, just right or what. I don't know exactly what I should wear. How many people tend to be there and so on. I have never, ever taken an aerobics class in a gym before. I've never, ever exercised in front of mirror before either (do they have mirrors in gyms?) I have no idea what to expect! I just know I need to do something different than I've been doing because I'm finding night time exercise isn't working for me any more. I get too tired. Plus, I want to meet more people and to feel more connected. I know a woman I talk to after school drop off nearly every morning takes Zumba, but other than that, I don't know much. I'm a little worried about my knees and regular gym shoes, but that's what I have so that's what I have to use for now. Lots of unknowns here, but I'm ready to try!

I plan to update this blog after the class to give you my impressions. So, if you are curious, remember to check back in around 11 am or later.

Edited to add: I think there is a conspiracy to keep me away from a Zumba class. First, my son was late in getting up. We got him to school on time, but close to the last minute. Then, I got delayed at school by the teacher and then now when I get home, my mother in law is informing me that she's taking the car in and might need a ride home if they can't get to her car quickly. Argh!!!! So, I guess I'm walking around the lake this morning and no Zumba. This is the THIRD time my attempt to go has been foiled!

Edited again: There is another class this evening at 7:30 pm. I am GOING! I will have my husband watch the kids and I'm outa here! I will not let people keep derailing me!

Stats for 6/20/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6 Now: 204.2 (yes, up again - darn scale - my ankles are so swollen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment