Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Great concert. Great weather. Great walk.

Yesterday was just a lovely day. I hung outside yesterday, went window shopping, then came home and spent time with the kids, made dinner and then got ready for the concert.

My husband and I walked to the concert venue. It's about 1.8 miles to the stage area. It was such a gorgeous day that the walk there, even with the sun still up was so enjoyable. My husband was teasing me though for walking fast and making him sweat. I would slow down a bit, but found myself speeding up again. My natural pace has increased.

We got there in about 30 minutes and then had a lot of time to kill. It was 7:15 and the intro band wasn't even playing yet. So, we explored the area a bit, bought a water for me and a beer for my husband and just enjoyed the environs. At 7:30 we took our seats and listened to the intro band. They weren't great, but it was fun anyway. And then the concert. Oh my goodness are The Decemberists good. And they put on such a good show. As Sven said, that $90 for the show and drinks was more enjoyable than a nice dinner out and he's right.

Walking home was very nice too. Again, a beautiful night and my sweetie and I are together and we can talk and just enjoy each others company. We got home at 11:30 pm, chased our older son to bed and then I hit the sack and was out/asleep immediately. Morning came too soon, but it was worth it. And today is another gorgeous day and so I shall mow. We're the last one to mow on the block, so our yard looks the worst, of course. I would like to plant too, but the gutter repair guy still hasn't gotten his ladders from the side of the house, but I might start tearing things up. It's a day meant for the outdoors.

Scale is still messing with me, but I know it's water. Last night when I took off my socks I had major sock indentations which is a big sign of holding a lot of water. Not sure why that is.

Stats for 6/14/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6 Now: 202.4 (a bit more than 53 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 186
Walking/Biking totals for 2011: 494.5/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment