Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Difficult day of munchies and the scale still hates me

Yesterday I was so munchie - from the time I woke up until late afternoon. I had a much bigger breakfast, a bigger lunch and even an afternoon snack. I was just hungry yesterday. By dinner the munchies had subsided and I was proud of myself for not going off plan because the urge to do so the last couple days have been there.

I'm not sure why that is, but it's a common pattern not only for me, but a lot of people. It seems people have two different reactions. Some people really buckle down and get tough to make the scale move when it stalls out. It motivates them to push harder. Or, the opposite. Some people get discouraged from doing everything right just to see the scale stick or even go up, so they say, "Well, if it's not going to move when being good, I might as well splurge (or worse, give up).".

Those same people then react different during the times the scales move. Some people when they see the scale moving quickly and nicely will then splurge because they feel they can since they are losing so quickly. And other people (like me) tend to buckle down more during weight loss moments because it's super motivating to see the scale move downwards and you don't want to see it stop or slow down!

So, here I am - over a week now hovering within the same pound, but steadily going UP. I am not overeating. I am not skipping exercise. Yet, the scale is not cooperating. Argh! But, I will keep being good because I know that going off plan will only exacerbate the situation. What's worse is that I'm getting to that week where I usually gain before ovulation. I really don't want to see it going up more!

Stats for 6/15/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 202.8 (not quite 53 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 186.5
Total miles walked/biked in 2011: 496/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment