Saturday, June 18, 2011

And this is why weight loss is hard - the mental game

No worries, I'm in no way losing my resolve, quitting, cheating, etc. I'm just grinning and bearing it because I know I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just the way weight loss goes -especially for me.

So, yesterday was a busy day - starting at 5:20 am with my son's nosebleed. Two days in a row of little sleep and LONG days means I didn't work out two days in a row. That's a first, but it's also life. I'll be exercising this morning to make sure it gets done as we have a house concert to go to this evening, but other than that, my days are as they should be with eating and active behaviors.

My son had a picnic at his school yesterday to celebrate their kindergarten graduation. I had a light lunch then, but an hour later we needed to go to his occupational therapy appointment, so we were running around. I was getting so hungry and I knew I wouldn't have time to make dinner and so I would order pizza. Pizza is not the best choice for me with blood sugar issues and I was hungry then and there, so I stopped at a fast food drive thru and got some grilled chicken and some fries (potatoes don't spike my blood sugars). That filled me up and kept me filled up for the rest of the day. So, I didn't eat from 2:15 pm until I went to bed at 10:30 pm.  I just wasn't hungry. (and not being hungry in the evening is pretty typical for me).

Anyway, everything I'm doing should result in a drop on the scale, but for one thing. The time of the month it is for me. So first I had the monthly stall out - more extreme this month than I've had another time THIS weight loss journey (but I've seen it like this in my previous weight loss journey). And now I'm hitting the pre-ovulation weight gain. Yep, I was up 1.2 pounds on the scale this morning.  I knew it was coming because I was up over a pound when I went to bed last night.

I know it's water. I can see it in my ankles. I know it will come off. But it is a mind game.  It's just good that I know what my body does and that this too will pass. Only thing really annoying is that it did it RIGHT before I reached the 100s. It's just taunting me! Oh well, I will see those numbers sooner than later because I'm plugging onwards!

Stats for 6/18/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now 203.4

No comments:

Post a Comment