Thursday, June 2, 2011

It stuck! Starting to go to the gym and bike woes.

So happy to see this morning that, yep! I really have lost 50 pounds. I even added more to the loss by adding another .6 (9 ounces) to the loss. When I look at my weight loss chart for the last month, the line going down was steady until a few days before ovulation, where it started to go up. I hadn't dropped all the weight post ovulation until yesterday and now this line continues from where the old line would be if it weren't for that pesky ovulation. Which just shows me, that continuing to do what I'm doing is the smart thing to do. It works! There's just nothing I can do about that pesky ovulation gain. Here is my 30 day chart:
It's kind of small, but you can click on it to see the full size. What you will see is the blip up for 10 days (about 4 days to go up and 6 days to come all the way back down to continue the previous curve).

Now that I'm feeling thinner and fitter and many of my videos at home are getting too easy, I decided it was time to venture out to the gyms. We are members, so there's no additional expense and really, it's silly I haven't been going, but I needed to fit things in with my lifestyle and groove and for now, that has meant staying at home. BUT, I want more now. Today I'm going to do an aqua fitness class. Partly because it's the only class that is appealing to me today (I'm not into yoga or body building). Tomorrow, I would do a step aerobics class, but I have to take my mother in law to the doctor for an eye infection. But, next week, I'm all over it and excited! (This is me, right?) Though, exercising in front of people is kind of scary and in front of a mirror! UGH! Makes me wish I was a natural dancer!

And my bike woes. Yes, I'm still trying to get a bike. I went to go pick mine up yesterday as it's finally built and there were two problems and both of them big problems. I think I already mentioned that they couldn't attach the bike rack to the bike. The bike is rack ready (has screw holes for it), but, the design of the bike makes it impossible to attach a standard rack. I would have to get a specialty clamp to attach to the seat post which 'may' work, but it's more expense and not as stable and is still a 'maybe' solution. But, I decided to ride the bike anyway to see if I even liked this bike. I do love the step through design and the seat was very comfortable. I really don't like having to throw my leg over a bike to get on the seat, but that's about the only thing I liked about it - seats can be changed. The shifting didn't seem smooth, the front fender rattled (it was an add-on and add-ons don't fit as well) and it felt tight. I kept raising the seat, but the distance to the handle bar seemed too small too.  When I got off, I see the woman's frame said, "small". I had ordered a medium (and we had debated on getting a large).  Ugh. Sure enough, the order said medium. The box label said medium, the bike said small. So, then I needed to decide, do I send this one back and get the medium frame to see how that fit - delaying things even more and still not solving the rack problem? or switch it out for the other bike I love except for the higher bar, meaning I have to lift my leg over? In the end, because of the rack issue, I decided to go with the other bike. The price difference was only $5 since they honored their just expired sale on bikes since this was a customer service issue. The manager was such a nice guy, tracking down the other bike, etc and he even threw in a new bike seat to make the other bike more comfortable for me - it's the exact same one as the one on the Raleigh that they are sending back, just a different color.

So, today I should be able to go to my local REI to pick up the bike. In the end, I got this one:

It gets great reviews from customers and bike magazines for a quality budget bike. It has internal 7 speed gears, built in fender and rack, partial chain guard, pedal generated headlight and battery operated tail light and an integrated bell next to the gear shifter. The only things it lacks from the other bike is the extra gear and the step through design, but it has a lot more bells (literally) and whistles. Basically, a perfect around town, commuter bike which is how I'm envisioning using it.

So, that's my day! Time to go wake up the little guy for school!

Stats for 6/2/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now 204.8 (almost 51 pounds lost)

No comments:

Post a Comment