Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend is over!

We actually had a very nice weekend. The weather was warm, but very low humidity. I spent a big chunk of yesterday weeding and hacking at a bazillion forsythia bushes. Discovered we have poison ivy in the back of the side yard  - fun. And for two years now I've been battling a nasty weed. It's a fast growing vine that has barbs on it, so removing it is a painful proposition. Looked it up last evening and it's called, "Mile High Weed". Sounds like an appealing weed, huh?  I didn't get to mowing as that took over three hours of my day yesterday and I was pooped. Going to the pool was a welcome change.

My husband went into Northern Virginia last night to meet up with some online friends from the Jeopardy board. My husband is a former Jeopardy champion and has always loved trivia. As a young adult he used to write trivia questions for a a trivia show similar to Jeopardy in Croatia. (He also played the game and lost).  Anyway, he met up with 5 time winners, 8 time winners, some non-winners and they did a trivia night at a restaurant. Those three teams came in 1, 2, 3.... not surprisingly. His team was tied for first, but lost in the tie breaker. He said he didn't help his team at all because he didn't know anything they didn't know! And for those who know my husband, this is a feat!

While he was gone the two boys and I watched the movie Cars. Such a cute movie. We plan to see it in a movie theater this week or this weekend. A relaxing weekend is what I needed, but it was also productive which is also good!

Not much more to report! I'm off to a Zumba class in about 20 minutes. Scales are still moving in the right direction!

Stats for 6/27/11:

Beginning Weight: 255.6  Now: 201.0
Exercise total hours in 2011: 199
Walking/Biking total miles in 2011: 530/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment