Monday, June 13, 2011

It's supposed to be a beautiful day and we're going to a concert this evening

After so much heat, having a day around 81 will feel so fantastic and luckily, we have this gorgeous weather on the day my husband and I are going on a date.

We live 1.5 miles from a major concert venue. Many evenings, if our windows are open, we can hear the concerts. Even with the AC on, we get some sound from it, especially if the winds are blowing from that direction. We kept hearing all these great bands and kept saying, "we need to go to one of these" but then we never have. Until today that is.

Now, I love music, but I'm not 'into' music - never really have been. I can tell you what I like and don't like, but that's about it. My husband is a real music aficionado and lucky for him, I do enjoy much of what he likes (minus the punk stuff). He has gotten a couple CDs by the Decemberists and I have commented while listening, "they're really good" and so when my husband saw they were going to be in town, he wanted to go and remembered I had enjoyed listening to their music.

We've also decided, since it is a gorgeous day that we will walk to the venue. To the gates, it's about 1.8 miles. It just seems silly to drive and then have to search for parking, and then walk from parking to the pavilion and then after the concert to wait in the lines to leave. Walking is a lot less hassle. It will take a bit to walk it, but seems silly to not walk it. So, that will be my exercise for today - the 3.6 miles walking there and back.

Last night I wanted to take a walk especially when I saw how gorgeous and cool it had gotten, but my little guy didn't want to go - not even with his scooter. He hasn't wanted to take a walk for ages, so I kept pushing him. Finally, when I said we could walk somewhere new, then he got excited. Ah, the kid was bored of the same tour around the lake. So, he hopped on his scooter and my husband and I walked. I took them along the paths that would lead to the grocery store. We went .95 miles and then turned back.

As I mentioned when I biked there, it's mostly uphill on the way there and mostly downhill on the way back. Which means my son could scooter fast on the way back. My husband started running to catch up with the scooter (I think he's always a little worried the little guy will fall), so I decided, "what the heck, I can run too." And I did. And it was easy. We would run for only a block or so before we would catch up or he would slow down or stop, but we did that about 5-6 times in the mile home, so it was almost half running home and half walking home. So, yes, this girl can run when she needs to too. Not that I'm ready to start that, but it's good to know that I can! I noticed my shins were a little iffy later, but I'll just keep working on them and they'll be ok when/if I ever do start running.

Scale is still messing with me which sucks. I hate it that I can be so good and the scale can behave so badly. But this too shall pass.

Stats for 6/12/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 202.6 (up .4 to put me at exactly 53 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 185
Biking/Walking totals in 2011: 489.5/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment