Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ok, maybe my predictions were right? athletic clothes, and cleaning the garage

Well, just when I think I'm smarter than my body, it throws in a monkey wrench. I knew it was coming because yesterday afternoon I weighed less than the morning weigh in, but I thought, "You haven't eaten dinner, you're dehydrated, etc." Well, I ate dinner (a nice one too) and drank a ton of water last night and when I went to bed I weighed the same as I did in the morning which means, a lower number in the morning. And sure enough, 1.4 drop to 201.8.

Last night and this morning while the scale was bouncing around to get to its final number, I saw it bouncing down to 199.8 Eek! I'm that close to it that it's in the range of scale bouncing now! Even that was enough to make me want to squeal with glee. But, when it did it last night I rationalized it. This morning I fully realized, no, it's really, really close. I'm just 2 pounds from reaching the one hundreds! Woohoo!

My plan for yesterday was to clean out the garage and organize it so my mother in law can get her car inside. It's been outside of it since April which was OK when it wasn't so hot outside, but now? She needs her car where it's cool. She simply can't take the heat any more.

Our garage is a single garage, but used to be a double garage. There are two doors, but only one opened originally (last week I got the door to open by breaking the painted on seal in the front of the garage). The other half of the garage was turned into a mudroom for laundry and more kitchen storage and they left a front portion for storage in the garage.

In the spring last year I organized it after the remodeling and again in the fall to put away the summer stuff, but this spring we needed to get to the mower and my husband bought a bike and then I started gardening and got a wheelbarrow and more tools. With that, we no longer had room for the car and while I was gardening, it was nice to have a place to put the soil, etc. Then my son and I got bikes too and a bike trailer. Now all of a sudden, we had a storage problem.

So, yesterday I took every single thing out of the garage, swept it and reorganized. The big thing is that in the storage section of the garage there is a big 7 foot tall cabinet by 5 feet wide by 2 feet deep. It's a great cabinet and we didn't want to get rid of it, but it's location was prime - the storage area in front of the mudroom. Better for the bikes to go there and the cabinet to go in the back of the garage. So, that's what I did with my teenager. I first unloaded it and then we tipped it down to get past the garage door stuff on the ceiling and then slid it to the back on little coaster thingees and then tilted it back up and slid it into place, refilled it with its contents in a more organized way and then brought everything back into the garage in a more organized way.

There are a few things we need to sell that are stored in the garage and my husband and I need to decide if we want the big tool chest in the garage or in the basement, but at least my mother in law could pull in the car. Which is a good thing. At 8:45 am this morning it was already 88 degrees outside!

I'm still working on bike storage. I got some wall mount thingees for them, so I'll see if that works. But, I'm waiting until it cools down a bit. They are leaning nicely against the wall and can wait for a day not near 100 degrees - like tomorrow when it's supposed to be 92.

While I was thinking of what to do with the bikes in the garage, I went to Dick's Sporting goods to see if they had bike racks. They had one, but not the type I was looking for, but while I was there, I decided to look around. They have the cutest fitness clothes and since it was a bajillion degrees outside, the sleeveless fitness tanks and running shorts looked appealing. I took back a size XL back to the dressing room and, they were too big! I think my jaw hit the floor. I went back, grabbed a size L and wow, the large fit! So, that definitely helped with my mood yesterday despite not happy about the near stall out on the scale. They were on super sale, so I got two sets for $40 ($10 a piece). I probably don't look cute in them, but when it's summer and I'm exercising or tooling around at home, it's all about comfort baby!

So, that was that. I walked a bit yesterday in the morning before it got too hot and then worked my arse off in the garage for 4 hours yesterday. You would think that meant I slept well. Oh, no. Terrible night of sleep, but I did sleep in a bit this morning and then did the mad rush to get the little one to school this morning.  We'll see if my monthly visitor arrives today or not. it's about 15 hours late!

Stats for 6/9/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 201.8 (almost 54 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 182
Walking/Biking total miles in 2011: 480/1000

1 comment:

  1. Just think, you're a liter of water away from Onederland. That's really a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete