Saturday, June 4, 2011

Temporarily feel like I'm in a race, blood sugar, and getting my bicycle (and my son's) today!

I am in that post ovulation, pre period hey days of weight loss. In the past four I have dropped a significant amount each day. I have 4 more days (max) until my period starts. My body is having it's own race to see if I'll get below 200 this cycle or not. All bets are on not, but as I predicted at the beginning of this cycle, it's going to get very, very close and then (most likely) I'll stall out. I have to admit, it's kind of fun watching where I'll end up this cycle as I'm beginning to really know my body's tricks fairly well! I'm still going to predict that I'll get to below 200 sometime in the next two weeks, just below it. And then, as the ovulation weight starts to come on, I'll go back over 200 for 8-10 days, and then should whoosh down and never, ever see it again. But part of me is still irrationally hoping I'll get to that big milestone yet and it get it out of the ovulation weight gain territory. But, not by doing stupid things! Exercising moderately and eating low fat, lower calorie, but safely!

Speaking of exercising, I did Reebok Step - The Video again last night and it felt great. I added a bit of propulsion to up my heart rate a bit and it felt good. I took it out for a bit here and there to lower the heart rate a bit as I got tired, but added it back in when I could. Love, love, love that routine and it doesn't aggravate my back - no twisting motions in it which I just don't want to do on a carpeted, plush floor.

We had pizza for supper last night, so I decided to take my 2 hour post eating blood sugar test. And WOW! Pizza spikes me. The charts for someone who does not have diabetes say that 2 hours after eating, the blood sugar level should be under 140. if you have diabetes, good control is under 180 (though this is too liberal an allowance - Type 2 diabetics should aim for the 140 too and those not diabetic normally are much lower than 140). Anyway, the pizza put me at 155. It's that white bread. We got a thick crust and wow! I just can't eat that. Maybe thin crust would be easier on my blood sugar. I'll have to check. When that happens though, there is something I can do about it and that is to lightly exercise because exercise (light - not hard core) lowers blood sugar. So, that's what I did - I exercised and hopefully, that brought down the blood sugar faster. It was nothing dangerous high, but when I eat a low carb meal, my blood sugars are around 80 2 hours after eating 80 and 155 is a huge difference for me.

And lastly, today is going to be a high of 75 and sunny. How perfect is that? We have no plans, so I think it's a perfect day to ride bikes! First, we'll get my son's bike and then, I'll go pick up mine. I am so excited! For a family bike ride I need to ride the buddy bike tandem with my little guy, but I can take my new bike for a spin later on my own. Might throw in a picnic today (after I grocery shop as we are like Old Mother Hubbard's house right now).

Stats for 6/4/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now 203.0 (52 and a half pounds lost)
Exercise total hours/minutes in 2011: 177
Total Miles Walked/Biked in 2011: 465.5

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to riding my bike again. I'm just a little too heavy right now. I broke 3 spokes on my rear wheel a year ago or so, and got that fixed and now I have a broken spoke on the front wheel. I am going to wait until I am below 115 kg (254lb) before I start riding again.

    ReplyDelete