Sunday, June 5, 2011

Did you think I would miss a day?

This day has not been my own. It's one I wish I could restart from midnight onwards.

First, my husband is a night owl, so he gets these ideas of doing projects that will be "quick". Last night's quick was until 1:30 am. Now he had slept until 9 am that morning. I had gotten up at 6:30 am. But, at least it's a Sunday and I can sleep in again. However, my kindergartner woke up at 5:45 am. He saw light in the sky so that meant morning! so, he couldn't go back to sleep. I tried rubbing his back, lying beside him in his bed (easier to do now that I'm smaller) and it was a no go. We got out of bed finally at 7:15 am.

I woke up my husband at 9 am and was hoping to take a nap. I weighed myself, and as I knew from the night before, I was up. It's something about canned beans or salsa - or both. I know it's water, but still. Not a way to enhance my mood. At 11 am I tried to take a nap. I felt myself slipping into sleep, but then my mother in law came upstairs to ask how to use the vacuum. My husband was having my son show her when I shouted out that I would prefer no vacuuming while I'm trying to sleep (as her living room is right below my bedroom).

Ok, I try again. My little one is running up and down the hall saying, "Look this room is empty." I don't know why. Then my older son (his room adjoins mine) is shouting to my husband across the hall about this computer gizmo he wants to buy with the money he's earned. I tried, tried to sleep for 45 minutes. It was impossible. So, I got up and warned everyone that I was likely to be a big ole grump and to just not push my buttons. My 6 year old wasn't in much better shape either with getting less than 8 hours of sleep too. (He usually sleeps 10 or 10 and a half).

I had lunch, watered all the plants because the rain we were supposed to get didn't come and then piddled with getting my bike ready. Did I mention bike? Why yes,  I have it, but that will be tomorrow's post when I'm in a jollier mood from getting more sleep.

Of course, I'm sitting here at 10 pm and I should be in bed, sleeping, but I'm wide awake. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn it all on and off at will?

Other news is that my blood pressure is coming down some more, so now I'm down to 10 mg a day. (Highest was 40 mg a day just 5 months ago).  I'll be checking it more and more (twice a day) to see if I can start weaning myself from it completely. That will be a big check off the getting my health back in order!

But now, I must go sleep!  Night all! Just 14 hours late with my blog today!

Stats for 6/5/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 204.4 (I know - up 1.4 from yesterday so much for onederland this cycle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment