Saturday, September 17, 2011

This month is turning out to be a great one for me

The month of July I lost 4.2 pounds (it was vacation month), so I was OK with that slow loss. Last month, August, I had a few higher, almost at maintenance eating days, but was pretty good and hit the gym regularly, but the scales didn't show much. I lost 3 pounds - that's it. I felt pretty deflated as I couldn't explain it other than my menstrual cycle was very short and my body was messed up a bit.  This month (with 2 weeks yet to go). I've already lost 6.6 pounds. I think some of that should have been last month and it's just appearing this month. I'll take it though as I really am staying focused and working out about 5 times a week.

I'm down 72 pounds, but I caught myself from the side today during body pump and man do I have a gut. And when doing planks (which I can almost do as long as the instructor asks us to do now), I see my belly hanging down. I know some of that is loose skin, but some of it is just stubborn fat. But, I just have to deal with it and keep doing what I'm doing, because well, I'm doing pretty darn awesome. I've been incredibly consistent and don't struggle too often.

Now, yesterday was a difficult day. I had the munchies so bad from about 4 pm until going to bed. It ended up being a slightly higher calorie day for me (about 1620 instead of closer to 1400) and with it being a non-exercise day, I really hate to go over. But, two things kept me in check. One, I am too close to the 70 pound mark (yesterday it was 70.2) that if i overeat, I could lose that slice of pizza pie I earned by going under 70 pounds lost. And two, for many people, they get the munchies just as their body is ready to give up a chunk of weight. It's happened to me before, so I wanted to see if maybe if I was good, I would be rewarded for it today.

And I was. 1.8 drop on the scale this morning. Got to love that! Not sure if it will stick tomorrow, but that's OK. I made it through the day and don't feel munchy yet today, so that's all good.

Stats for 9/18/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 185.6 (exactly 72 pounds lost)
Total hours exercised in 2011: 267
Total miles walked in 2011: 778/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment