Sunday, September 25, 2011

Boy can I pack them on!

See, this is why I don't believe in weighing weekly (or monthly or whatever other long time inbetween individual weighings). You don't get to see the pattern and can freak out about lack of weight loss or weight gain.

For instance. one week ago today I weighed 182.6. Today I stepped on the scale and weighed 185.0. I have worked out and eaten properly all week. Yesterday I ended up eating at maintenance, but definitely didn't overeat. I worked out 4-5 times and was on target - yet, I gained 2.5 pounds?  What if I would have weighed once a month? Well, ok, I would see loss, but some months I lose 2 lbs, others I lose 10 pounds. It all depends on my water weight fluctuations. I could drive myself crazy with "what am I doing wrong? questions if I didn't watch carefully and learn about my body's quirks.

So, that's why I weigh myself twice a day. Once in the morning and once before going to bed. I do the weigh in before bed to prepare myself for a bad weigh in. And that's what I got last night.

Yesterday I was on my feet all day long and I mean all day long plus, I had a hard workout. I did eat more than usually, and different from usually (high carb day), but not more than I would burn off in a day - for sure.

Yesterday I was already up more than a pound to 182.4. Last night I stepped on the scale and I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw the scale - 188.8? What???? I then had to get up 3 times during the night to pee (lost 4 of those water pounds overnight), but still woke up to a 3 pound gain from yesterday. A four pound gain in two days due to nothing but hormones. My period started at midnight last night and along with it - all the water I held onto. Wow!

But because I do weigh daily (twice daily) I know there is no way I gained 4 pounds of fat in that time and because I weigh daily and weighed in at 181 more than once, I also know it's not a fluke low weight on a one time reading. I truly am holding lots of water and it too shall pass.  And, I wouldn't have added that slice of pizza back into the pie to the left because I would be taking it back out probably the next day.

Very tired today, but it's been a great day!

Stats for 9/25/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 185.0 (Gah!!!)
Exercise total hours for 2011: 271
Total hours walking in 2011: 794/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment