Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How easy it is to miss exercise

I really make a conscious choice to exercise. I really try to get 6 days a week, but it more often than not ends up being 5 days a week due to schedule issues. Well, this week, it will end up four days unless I actually do bounce around in the basement tonight.

So, this is what happened. I exercised Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday last week. There are very few classes offered on Sunday and the ones I want to take interfere with my trip into Virginia every Sunday morning. So, no exercise Sunday. Monday, yesterday, I worked all day on curtains - from 11 am until 9 pm last night - with setting it up, doing it and cleaning it all up. (made dinner in there too). Too tired to jump around in the basement. Today, I have to clean up the house (big time) as my mother in law is coming home. My kitchen is a wreck and there is laundry to be folded in the mudroom (fun things like socks and underwear - others are put away). Then I have to drive to Virginia to get her and then the long commute back. Of course then there's dinner and talking with her about her trip and today is basically written off.

Voila, like that, I've missed exercising 3 days in a row and that time just sped by! It could so easily turn into a week, a month. It is so easy to get sidetracked. Now, missing 3 days isn't that big of a deal, but getting 3 days of exercise in still takes effort. Missing those days is easy! Maybe not a lifestyle change yet?

Ok, about to start round two of getting kids ready for school. This will be fun when I go back to work and need to get myself ready in that time too! Yikes! (Not looking forward to the morning rush!) Job hunting starts in earnest in October!

Stats for 9/27/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 183.6 (losing some of that water weight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment