Sunday, September 4, 2011

Not much of a long weekend

My son is still sick. We called the on-call pediatrician and she had us take him to an urgent care center to have him checked and his left lobe is still bad and his temperature is not coming down which it should have by now. So, they switched antibiotics. Now we wait and see. What is for sure is that he won't be in school on Tuesday. He's supposed to get another check at the doctor's office on Tuesday and then we can hope. Right now standing to get a snack wears him out and he has a fever. No way can he make it through a whole day of classes. It's looking like he's going to miss the first home football game this coming Friday too. Band will be down one tuba player.

I'm not overly worried as he's doing OK. He's eating and able to function. He just tires very quickly and has to keep taking ibuprofen or acetaminophen for his fever. And I'm sure the coughing is getting old too. Poor kid.

I escaped this morning to do a Zumba class. It was a different instructor and she was totally fun and a complete spit fire of energy and man, could she move. I totally suck at dance, but it's all about movement and move is what I do. Lots of shaking of the booty and the boobies, but it's fun and most of us look plain silly, so my silliness doesn't stick out.

I was looking at what classes there are tomorrow and Monday is just a dud day. Normally there would be a Zumba class offered at one of the gyms, but it's closed for summer cleaning this week. I guess it means down to the basement or walking - maybe even a bike ride. I'll find something to do and I need to. I'm feeling a wee bit housebound and I really dislike spending all day in the house. Drives me bonkers.

Not much else to report. Lost a bit of water weight to get out of the 190s (again). I'm in the middle of the monthly stall out, so we'll see where it goes from here.

Stats for 9/3/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 189.4 (66.2 pounds lost)
Exercise total of hours in 2011: 258
Total number of miles walked in 2011: 741/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment