Monday, February 7, 2011

Very excited about my first milestone met!!

How it's just a number - no different from 9 or 11, but to say I've lost 10 pounds feels like a 'check' off the to do list. The last few days, I've been getting excited as I approach it! Ten pounds is 1/8th of the way to the ultimate goal. Notice the pizza with a slice missing? I'll keep updating that for every ten pounds lost - until the whole pizza is gone. Ten down, 70 to go. I'm not overwhelmed by that number, because I know I can do it! I'm excited that I can retire all my size 20 clothes for the 18s. They were wearable but snug a month ago, now they fit perfectly and have some room in the legs/butt. I'm getting smaller and fitter! I'm noticing I don't huff and puff when I go up and down our stairs any more - even if it's both flights in a row up from the basement. I wasn't sore from doing step for an hour yesterday either. I have a LONG way to go, but I've traveled 1/8 of the way already. Amazing!

Oh, and I had promised the virtual beginning weight me and current me would be every 10 pounds. Well, it seems the virtual me has a 255-275 image, a 225-245 image, and a 205-215, and so on. So, I guess those pictures won't be useful except for bigger steps. When I reach a bigger step, I'll share a virtual me with you. For now you'll just have to believe me that I am getting smaller and fitter.  Not much of a difference if you see me day to day, but the change is there! Heck ten pounds of fat is 10 packages, or 40 sticks of butter.

And, today is measurements day. I've been curious for days to see where the losses will come from.

Stats for 2/6/11:
  • Weight - Beginning: 255.6    Now: 244.6 lbs
Measurements in inches:
  • Chest - Beginning: 47  Now: 46
  • Waist - Beginning: 43  Now: 41.5
  • Hips - Beginning: 50  Now:49
  • Left Upper thigh -  Beginning:  29.5  Now: 29
  • Right Upper thigh -  Beginning: 30  Now:  29
  • Upper arm - Beginning: 17.75   Now: 16.75
Exercise stats:
  • Walked it Out/walking totals: 118.2 miles
  • Exercise total: 34:35 hours 

No comments:

Post a Comment