Friday, February 25, 2011

Feeling cooped up!

I spent the last several days at home with a sick kid. He was feeling better yesterday, but this morning he is feeling nauseous again. Poor kid. Means I've been stuck at home, mostly by his side for three days. This is following several days of running somewhere every day. A happy medium would be nice!

I did get a workout in and that felt great even though I was getting tired by the time I got to it. I went there going, "maybe I'll walk for 90 minutes today". After 30 minutes, I'm like, "No, an hour is fine. It's after 9 pm and I'm pooped."

I like the balance I have found with the game. I'm playing all songs (which makes it less boring) and if the song is more than 135 beats per minute I march in place, picking up my feet high. And if it's below 135 I use the step. 120-135 I do like step up 2,3,4 and step down 2,3,4. Slower than 120 and I do step up, step down. Sometimes I just dance around in sync with the beat with the faster songs too. I'm sure I look silly, but it's working. I'm sweating, my heart rate is elevated and that's all that matters.

I will continue with the Walk It Out game until it is finished. (I'm really getting bored with it now), but I'm going to start some strength training too. I will start with some abdominal situp/crunches and push ups. It's time. As much as I hate strength training, it's important. I know I have a video cassette that I liked before for strength training, but we don't have a VCR downstairs. My dear hubby said he would transfer videos to DVD for me, but that's a process too. Maybe if I ask pretty please he can do that for me this weekend. Much more fun to do it with someone that to do it alone.

Speaking of my husband, he's been losing weight too. He tends to do that whenever I get started, but he only had like 20 to lose, unlike my gazillion pounds. Also, he joined a weight loss pool at work. People pay in $200 (yes, that much!) to join in. They all are trying to lose about that much, so he's weight loss is fair and I KNOW he doesn't want to lose that money and would like to win more. Money as a motivator? That will get him! LOL Of course, he can lose by eating a bit less and exercising once or twice a week. That's the difference between a good metabolism and a sucky one like mine. I don't exercise, I don't lose unless I really eat very little and when I eat very little, I am hungry and then I tend to eat junk to fill the void. Exercise doesn't make me hungrier, but it burns the excess. But that's life and I have to deal with it.

It's a rainy, icky day today. Blah. But, it could be snow like the midwest got. I'll take the rain.

Stats for 2/25/11:

Beginning Weight 255.6   Now: 239.8
Exercise totals for 2011: 48 hours 12 minutes
Walking totals: 161.35

No comments:

Post a Comment