Sunday, February 20, 2011

And the weight keeps coming off

This is a first for me (and makes me wonder how long my thyroid has been an issue). It's the first half of my menstrual cycle (mean pre-ovulation) and it's when I usually don't lose much weight. But again today, I see a full pound drop. I know it was water weight mostly that I was carrying during my monthly cycle last week, but I'm still surprised as it's dropped lower than I would have expected. Of course, I'm thrilled about that, but it's surprising as I was prepared for the stall that typically happens about now. My eating is really good even though my friend is here,  but my exercise level is less (though we are walking. First the zoo and yesterday 3 hours at a train museum). Whatever is causing it, I'll go with believing my thyroid is getting to be closer to normalized - will be checked next week, I'm liking it!

Ah, and my husband, for the first time said that he's beginning to see a difference. Nearly 15 pounds down and he can see it 'a bit'. I wasn't fishing for it, he just said that my face is looking slimmer, and it is. My eyes are looking bigger I think.

In other news, my husband is going to get the treadmill today. He and my older son will drive out there and first hit a favorite used bookstore. That will just add one more thing to help me on this long journey. All good stuff.

Not much else to say, my friend, her son and my son are having a great time and will plan something else fun to do today. It's been too long since we've had a chance to catch up. Harder with both of us having young kids now, but with both of us having children, of similar age, it helps the friendship too as we pass through similar life stages at the same time.

I'm in a very good mood this morning - probably a surprise drop on the scale helped, but with the weather being so much better, knowing that winter has to be coming to an end, and seeing the birds flitting outside my window all makes me feel good. Life is good and what you make of it and I'm trying to make the most out of mine.

Stats for 2/20/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6   Now 240.8

No comments:

Post a Comment