Saturday, February 19, 2011

A day at the zoo

My really good friend is here with her son and the weather was glorious yesterday, so we went to the national zoo. 72 degrees, just a light breeze and us in our short sleeved shirts and plenty warm. We walked around for three and a half hours and the kids had a great time. And for me, we were moving and walking, so it helped me too. My shins are still quite sore from that super fast uphill walk I did the other day, so a leisurely walk day was good.

Since we aren't eating out, eating for me was actually good. With all the excitement and hustle and bustle the last couple days, my caloric intake has actually been lower. Around 1200 instead of 1500-1700. Funny how when you keep yourself busy, you just aren't as hungry!

It's a really windy day today (and I've been listening to the wind howl all night). We're either going to stay home today or go to the train museum in Baltimore, not sure yet.

Didn't wear a pedometer or the Garmin Forerunner watch yesterday, so not sure how far we walked, but I'll count it as 2 miles in the totals below.  All water weight is finally gone too, so the scale is temporarily my friend again.

Stats: 2/19/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 241.8

Exercise total miles in 2011: 151.5
Exercise hours in 2011: 44 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment