Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello summer vacation!

It feels like a double summer vacation to me! The kids last day of school was Friday. For that there was a class picnic to end it off. Also, with the end of the school year, my commitment to volunteering every day in the classroom ended as well as the commitment to getting both my kids off to school, dealing with both of their homework issues and so on.

Then on Sunday was the last day of Sunday School (and the rest of the meetings) for the Ethical Society I work for. That means my Sundays are mine again for the first time since September. Surprisingly, I didn't miss a single Sunday!!! Of course, the last two weeks have been extra busy there too - getting the graduation behind us (which included my son this time) and this week with recognizing all the wonderful Sunday school teachers and sending the kids off with a party.

Work isn't really done for that job, but it's now 'behind the scenes' kind of stuff. I need to get some emails sent off and some things set up, but I can do this today, tomorrow or next week at my convenience - any time of the day.

Basically, that leaves me with just one bigger commitment - my part time job writing the blog posts as well as getting my yard put back together and taking care of the kids, of course.

So, this morning, upon waking, I just felt a relief - no more school. No more Sunday School. Ahhhh.... a break. I needed a break. Honestly, as a mom of two kids of special needs for schooling, "I" need the break as much as they do - maybe even more so. I don't think I could handle year round schooling.

I started my summer break though by waking up early and working on the yard by 7 am - after breakfasting! That was my husband's idea (the non-morning person). He felt bad that he wasn't able to help me yesterday with the yard as he was sick.

Not sure what today will bring. I have already worked a bit for my paying job. Now I think I'll go dig some in the yard and then in the later afternoon take the kids to the pool and 'work' there too as I need to take photos of pool shots for a couple stories I'm doing. I have all sorts of ideas popping up in my head!

And, since I got a good night of sleep. I don't feel snacky - unlike yesterday. I peed a lot of that water weight off too - not all of it, but I lose 4 pounds overnight!

Stats for 6/11/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 171.0

No comments:

Post a Comment