Friday, June 29, 2012

All about the heat

Summer is officially here and man, is it HOT!  Some things about summer are easier now that I'm thinner. Like, I don't get as exhausted from the heat. All that extra padding made me work harder to move and it was insulation and worked against me when I was trying to cool down.

Some things are the same. I had hoped I wouldn't have chub rub any more, but... I do a little. I think if I lose a little more and firm up a bit more, I'll get rid of chub rub completely, but my thighs do rub a teensy bit and that is awful in summer. I'm wearing a skirt today and to keep myself from getting a rash, I have to wear a pair of compression shorts/underwear to keep my legs from getting a rash. Of course, that then makes me hotter as I then have an extra layer!  Maybe next year.

And of course, this heat is making my poison ivy rash feel better on my underarm and my waistline. Super itch!

I went to the doctor today and he thinks the swelling is just from the poison ivy, but he said it could be beginning of cellulitis as well, so he put me on an antibiotic and gave me a steroid cream for the rash. The swelling on my arm has gotten a bit bigger throughout the day, so it was probably a good call to start the antibiotic as this swelling is nasty!

It's too hot to be hungry today which makes it an easy day to be good with eating! And I slept better too with taking the antihistamine. That helps tons.

And because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll be heading back outside to work on the yard this evening to try to get the mulching near completion. I'm tired of seeing this mulch pile!

Stats for 6/29/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 172.8

1 comment:

  1. Gardening always gives me an amazing workout! Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully you stay relatively cool

    This summer does look brutal and it only just began!

    ReplyDelete