Monday, December 19, 2011

A victory at the phlebotomist!

I have delayed it as long as I can, I had to go back to the vampire's office today for a blood draw because I have a doctor appointment to review this blood work in the next day or two. I was trying not to think about it that much as the last visit was like all the others save one. 4 tries to find a vein and 2 vampires and it hurts when they don't find it and they dig.

I first had to wait in the waiting room for an hour. Then I realized the vampire who has been successful at finding my vein the last two times wasn't there. Great! So, I told the phlebotomist that I was a tough draw and showed her my good arm and just hoped for the best. She found it on the first try. And when I looked, there was my vein... Popping up. She said, "I don't know why they have a problem. Your vein is right there!". Oh how she has no idea! So maybe losing weight and getting fit is making blood draws easier after all, I've now had two successful blood draws!

The scale is sky high this morning. Who gains 7 pounds in three days? Me apparently! Carbs make me hold water like crazy. And today, I had zits on my face. My face has been mostly clear for months and months. Now I'm wondering if it's the sugar or the wheat that does it to me as usually I have neither or very little of either. And the other night I had restless legs for the first time in ages and ages.... All of this is to just confirm - Sugar (and digested wheat is also sugar) is bad, bad, bad.

Beginning weight: 255.6. Now: 178.8!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment