Tuesday, December 20, 2011

So, back to the plan! Effects of sugar.

I didn't like how my body we reacting to a more loose eating habit. I could feel the call of the sugar and I was feeling more sluggish and my face was breaking out. The scale was letting me know that it as a system wide dislike for what I was eating too. Have I always been this way? And I just never realized the effect sugar or wheat had on me? Or have I just developed a hypersensitivity to it? Whatever the case, it's making it easier for me to never eat like that again. I feel like crap, sleep like crap, look like crap and so on. Of course, now today I'll have to fight through the sugar cravings as my body gets off the sugar high, but I can battle through it. I need to!

I stopped midday with anything sweet or with wheat and today I'm already down two pounds of water weight. I can see my feet are puffy... It's bizarre! But it's also fascinating at how my body reacts to these foods. For long term, I think it will make it easier for me to stick to a healthier eating plan. I just need to steer clear of simple carbs!

Today I'm going to the grocery store and I'm going to stock up on greens - dark leafies for cooking and for salads and then I'm going to gorge on those. I feel I'm missing them something fierce.

My husband is feeling it too. He had a bunch of sweets two days ago (same day as me) and that night he couldnt sleep. He felt anxious, nervous and came to bed at 4:30 am and didn't fall asleep until 5 am. There was no explanation for it, and the only thing different was he had a bunch of sweets that day and especially in the evening. Yesterday he avoided them and he felt much better.

Conclusion? Simple sugars are bad for you. They may taste great at first, but their side effects are evil. So, no more goodies for me and limited goodies for my husband. I'll just make a couple more things, but that's it. Things we always have and the kids love and would feel its not christmas if we didn't have it. But me? I'm steering clear of it!

Beginning weight: 255.6. Now: 176.8

No comments:

Post a Comment