Monday, October 3, 2011

Random thoughts

I'm trying to stay rested and clean with a sick kid in the house. I don't think it's pneumonia since he's vomited a few times. The flu? Another new bug brought into the house? Wonderful news. I was up four times last night, but tried to nap a bit this morning while he was still sleeping.

My mother in law is not feeling well yet and she wants to make soup. She's astounded I don't have soup makings in the house. Well, it's been hot and summery until a few days ago - not times I keep celery, carrots and tiny egg noodles in the house. I buy those things and then use them. She was just going to buy chicken to make soup - assuming everything else would be there. She drives me crazy.

I can't make it to a class this morning, but maybe I'll try to get to Zumba tonight. And if not, then I'll do a step routine in the basement. I'm actually looking forward to it still, so I must not be that tired.

And my creative juices are flowing. I used to do a baking blog and I think I'm going to start it up again. While I don't eat those things any more. My family does and with packing lunches, I've been getting more creative to pack more nutritious lunches. I can find fun bento lunch box blogs, but I'm not into making cute little faces and adding plastic picks to cutify lunch. I'm all about good tasting food and tailoring the food to the eater. With a super skinny and gourmand teenager and a kid with asperger's who eats a limited diet, I need to be creative - always. and I'm always mindful of the bottom dollar and with good foods (no perservatives and funny stuff in their foods). I spent all day on Saturday in the kitchen and again last night - preparing for lunches this week. That's 15 meals to think and prepare for (hubby and two kids), so it takes time. But taking the time when I have it, saves time in the mornings of the week when I don't have it.)

I don't know how I'll be able to keep that all up when I'm back to work full time, but I'll try because it's important.

Scale is a bit down this morning - inbetween the two things that make me gain weight during the stallout - period weight is coming off and ovulation weight isn't starting yet. At least I'm predictable!

Stats for 10/3/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 182.6

No comments:

Post a Comment