Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Dance!

I had a very successful, productive day yesterday and got some of the big decisions made for our upcoming vacation. I'm getting excited - especially after talking with my mother in law this morning who was much, much more 'normal' in her dealings. If she would just be that way more often, that would be sooooo nice.

Anyway, I got to bed late last night as my husband and I were texting about one of the places we plan to stay and so on. As always, I took my thyroid medicine with a big glass of water, stripped off my clothes and stepped on the scale before getting into pajamas and going to bed. I had been hungry yesterday and ate a bit more than usually. That seems to be the story of my life these last few weeks - eating more at maintenance and because of that, I expected it to be up over 170 by quite a bit before going to bed. I stepped on and it said 169.0. What??? So I stepped on again. Yep, 169.0. That meant for sure I would see a new low in the morning as I always lose more than a pound overnight and my current all time low is/was 168.0

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 167.6. I wanted to kiss the scale. I even checked it twice to be sure. Finally - took 2 months, but a little creeping down on the scale is happening. The mental relief was pretty big. I couldn't believe last month that I didn't lose a thing, but I guess I should expect that now - slow, slow, slow losses.

Now I'm hoping I'll see a bit more as I'm still in my whoosh part of the month. My excitement to get to 165 would not be containable I think. You might hear me at least to Virginia whooping it up!  No pressure on myself or anything, but it felt great to see a new low after so very, very long.

Highest weight: 275  Now: 167.6

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent day! Progress and no crazy-making conflicts over the vacation was good enough, but a new low is the icing on the cake! I'm the same way as you - whooshes once or twice a month (the weeks in between ovulation and menstruation) and then I hold steady or gain with the hormone fluctuations. So those monthly lows are what Iive for. You're getting so close to goal now, too!

    I hope tomorrow is as good as today was. You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete