Friday, May 4, 2012

Finally have the gumption to get my house in complete order

I don't know what snapped, but I just got this sudden urge to clean my house top to bottom and to get it all together - finally. Maybe it's because I let it get to a state I never let it get to - complete disorder. Or something. So, forget the gym for the most part for the next 6 weeks. I truly am going to be working my butt off around the house getting these projects done.

I said about 6 weeks ago that I was going to do this and then I didn't, but this time I've already started. Started on May 1st actually - I cleaned the refrigerator and picked up the living room.  May 2nd, I sorted through my clothes and my 7 year old's clothes and got the too big for me and too small for him out of the house and hung and put away all the right sized clothes. Yesterday I vacuumed the living room and kitchen and baked up a storm. Today I'm going to mop the kitchen and entryway (it's a BIG area) and dust the main level and finish cleaning out my room which has become the resting spot of a lot of odds and ends and out of season bedding.

And today I'm going to detail out what I plan to do on a day to day basis. I will have to keep it fairly flexible as I will have the unplanned for things - like not knowing what day for sure will be best for mowing or gardening (as that is part of the 'get it together' plan too) and my time will be eaten up a bit too for various things, including my two part-time jobs.

Have I mentioned I got a new job? I had one really part-time small job and now I am picking up 20 hours a week, working from home. And I'm very excited about it. It will work great with my kid's schedule and with the upcoming summer activities as I can mostly work when I have the time to work - could be 7 am or midnight and that is awesome! I love that!

But, it does take a big chunk of my time, on average, 4 hours a day M-F and since Sunday's are pretty much eaten by my other part-time job (until mid June), it will probably be mostly M-F.

As always, I find I budget my time better when I have more restrictions of how much time I have. If you say I have 3 months to get something  inane done, I will have every intention of getting it done soon and quickly, but... I might start it, but will probably drag my feet with it. Well, if it's something I need to have done for home/myself. If it's for someone else, I usually get it done right away as I don't want people waiting on me.

So, now that I have less time to work with, I am finally getting to work on the remaining things that need done in the house. Today I will work on a plan of what projects to do when and will detail them here and maybe even take progress photos of my work as I need to feel some sense of accomplishment, right?

Already my plans for today are foiled. I planned to mow - weather isn't cooperating. So, indoor work it will be and there's definitely enough of it around too! Too much of it actually which is why I need to plan it out. And it will include a lot of decluttering. 2.5 years here and we've already accumulated clutter and I hate clutter!

May the Fourth be with me!

Scale is sky high with ovulation gain. Let's hope it takes the hint and goes away soon!

Stats for 5/4/12:

Highest weight: 275 Now: 173
Total hours exercised in 2012: 81/250

No comments:

Post a Comment