Saturday, January 22, 2011

I am getting a bit frustrated

I am being so good. Exercising 6 days a week for an hour, eating for hunger and according to software, about 500-700 less calories a day than I 'need' for weight maintenance. I'm not hungry, so eating more wouldn't help (yes, I know about if you eat too little you can stall weight loss). Only thing I can figure is my thyroid is still out of whack and not really allowing weight loss. It's just really frustrating to step on the scale every single day and see the same pounds up and down for over a week.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing, but man, I'm frustrated. I will go and get a fabric tape measure to at least see if I'm changing in that way. I've always dropped weight quickly, but this time... not so much.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa - try writing everything down in a notebook or on a calendar. Then try to one-up yourself the next day. That keeps me motivated! I start over ever Monday. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea Dani. I do write down everything I eat and everything I do for exercise. I can try to every day do a little more exercise - either by a little bit faster, or a little bit harder. I'm going to get the heart rate monitor this week too, so I can try to get it a little more in the zone each time and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete