Monday, April 30, 2012

I have the sweetest and funniest husband

My husband and I have been together for 19 years. Married for 18. We have always been a very honest couple with each other and not a jealous bone between the two of us. While we have a lot of commonalities, we have a lot of different interests too. He does his thing. I do mine and sometimes we find things we both enjoy doing. One of those things is doing the class BodyPump at the gym. We go together twice a week. Well, we did until I got this shoulder injury. He's now gone three times on his own.

When we go to these classes, we see all sorts of people. In one class we see this one woman with a gorgeous body once in awhile. I'll tease my husband afterwards if it helps him work out better to have such nice eye candy in front of him. I also told him when we had one male instructor a couple of times that I thought he was hot and wondered what classes he usually taught (as he was a substitute). He just laughs and agrees, the man is good looking.

So, on Saturday, I had to miss BodyPump again. There was a sub and the sub was this good looking guy. He looks kind of like this famous actor. Recognize that face? Yep, Mark Harmon. Now who wouldn't want to take a class taught by someone looking like that? My husband said, "You'll be sad to hear you missed the good looking guy. Oh, and by the way, his name is Joe." I just laughed at my husband and feigned being extremely disappointed in missing the class. He then said, "Well, if you want to go to his classes. He teaches (some day of the week, I can't recall) at 5:45 am and on Sundays at some time I can't make as I teach Sunday School in Northern Virginia." (hmm... probably shouldn't quote something I can only half remember, huh?"

But then this is where my husband is so sweet. He's getting worried about this shoulder injury, so he went to ask the instructor after class if he knew of any sports medicine practices that might be able to help me. This instructor didn't, but pointed him to the front desk who then made a recommendation to a physical therapy group that works with sports injuries for a consultation who then would be able to point me in the right direction to either physical therapy, a surgeon, etc.

I love that my husband and I are confident enough in our relationship that we can tease in such ways and I love that we look out for each other too. We, like all other marriages, have had highs and lows, but our base has never been shaken which, of course, is what has helped us weather the storms along the way.

And I'm so glad that I've lost this weight - not only for myself, but for him. I can see much more clearly now how my health worried him. He deserved a healthy partner and I'm glad that I was finally able to give him that.

But, oh how he made me smile with his, "Oh, by the way, his name is Joe and if you ever want to take his class..." Confidence builds relationships. Glad I can feel confident in myself in all ways (or mostly all ways) now too.

Stats for 4/30/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 171.4



No comments:

Post a Comment