Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lack of sleep and cake? Bad combination

I had three hours of sleep last night and that was because we had a realllly busy day yesterday (and the day before) and I still needed to make my son's birthday cake. That staying up late meant binge fest today.

Yesterday, before we had to leave the house, I had the mousse done, the batter for the cake ready and the icing made, but none of the decorations.  My son wanted an Angry Birds cake and well, that takes time. I couldn't exactly tell him I didn't have time to make the cake, but man, did it lead to a bad day for me.

So, I stayed up way late and then today I ate cake, cake, and FROSTING and then a 'so-so' dinner. Cake frosting (especially Italian Meringue icing) is a trigger food for me, but to add stress and sleep deprivation to the mix? Oh. my. goodness.... I was so good for weeks and then BAM, a full out sweet bingefest today. It's been eons since I've done that and I know the biggest culprit is lack of sleep. I do not handle lack of sleep well at all.

The good news to it is that one bad day does not undo months of being good, but more importantly, I know why I got derailed today and why I went bezerk. Lack of sleep plus trigger foods equal disaster calorie day. In years past I wouldn't understand why I went crazy. Now I do. So, what do I do about it? SLEEP and get caught up so that I can get right back on track.

I don't even feel good I'm so full of buttercream today. Wow...

Stats for 4/22/12:

I have no idea as I didn't weigh in this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment