Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day two of running and how I will handle Easter

I have decided to do the recommended running schedule for the C25K. (Couch to 5 Kilometer run) Since my fitness is not at the couch, I'll start on week five. If I have to repeat it for a week, so be it. Here is the link my friend sent me of the schedule: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Week 5 day one is this (I'm doing distance, not time):
  • Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
The other day I did Jog 1/2 mile, rest 30 seconds, jog 1/2 mile. If I throw in a longer rest with walking a 1/4 mile, I should be able to do another 1/2 mile in the end. We'll see. I'm still quite sore from running on Thursday!

And today is everything about readying for Easter. I have the ham boiling, then I'll boil the eggs in the water with the ham to give them more flavor. Then make cirnica (pronounced tseerneetsa) which is an Easter bread and then this evening ready the baskets and eggs for hunting outside (we fill plastic eggs for outside - not real eggs). That bread uses all egg yolks, no whites. I already have a container of whites in the freezer, so I'll make these cute little confections my mother in law had at a friends and raved over. I think it's a perfect Easter treat. Her friend sent her the newspaper clipping of this: lemon meringue cookie. I might have to have one of those cookies too - just to try, of course.

Last year, I just didn't give myself an Easter basket. I made one up for the kids and for my husband and mother-in-law. This year, I'll make myself a basket, but no chocolates, but a spring indoor plant and several spring bulbs for planting outside. The Easter bunny knows that I would much prefer that over chocolate.

For the day itself, I will have some Easter bread with breakfast (along with ham and hard boiled eggs) and then for dinner we'll have grilled lamb and grilled veggies - again, pretty easy to avoid the carbs that make my body go berzerk. Way easier to avoid overeating with Easter than the Christmas holidays.

Well, I need to be off. Ham is boiling and I have a ton to do.

Stats for 4/7/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 172.2
Total hours exercised in 2012: 67.25/250

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter!

    have a lovely day

    autodidact (thevanishingwoman)

    ReplyDelete