Thursday, April 5, 2012

Exercise made me feel so much better! And today I will run!

To say I was in a funk the last few days is an understatement. I was on the brink of bawling for no reason. Like really weird, no reason to be unhappy, kind of funk.  The only reason I could think of that I was in a funk was that I was sitting around the house being mostly inactive and well, that's just not my cup of tea.

Having the kids home for break and with appointments during the week, my schedule has been thrown off and that included workout times. I just wasn't getting the movement I needed and that didn't give me the endorphins I needed to feel good. Add to that the scale going high again, even though I wasn't 'misbehaving' with food, and that doubly affected my funk.

But, I had a good workout last night. I did the 45 minute BodyPump express class (all muscle groups minus shoulders and lunges) and the 45 minute BodyStep class (all tracks minus the abs and one 'recovery' track). It was tough as I hadn't done a cardio class since last Wednesday (had done mowing, yard work and a strength training class). First success came in being able to do the full triceps track. For some reason my triceps are my weak muscle group. I can do the overhead extensions, but the triceps pushups and triceps dips kill me. When I started doing triceps dips last summer I could do 'maybe' a 1/4 of the track with my feet tucked way in (making it easier). Now, last night, for the first time I could do the full triceps section of triceps dips (had to wimp out on a couple triceps pushups yet) with my feet not so close to the step/bench. Felt like a huge victory.

Then in bodystep, I so wanted to quit about halfway through. I was tired and still feeling the funk of the day, but I forced myself to stay and to power through the rest of the workout. I knew giving up was just giving up to the funk I was feeling and the best way to break out of that funk was to break the funk which might also help break the trend on the scale too.  So.... I powered through.

Today, I feel much better. I got a good night of sleep and I got a good workout. I feel so much better, that I'm thinking today I will try to run. I'll first walk around the lake once and then try running to the boathouse and back (walking 1.3 miles, then running 1 mile). I don't know why I just feel this need to try this today. But it's like I want to prove to myself that I 'can' do it. Not sure I can run a mile, but it's flattish and I can always walk part of it if running is too hard.

Already signed up fro bodystep for tomorrow morning.

Stats for 4/5/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 173.6
Total hours worked out in 2012: 66/250

1 comment:

  1. To enjoy healthy life, there is a need of some exercise on regular basis. Actually there are so many activities and exercises that you can do it but just do only those exercise which you are able to do it.
    pulse oximeter

    ReplyDelete