Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Yesterday was a day from H- E - Double toothpicks

Man... if a day could be classified as BAD in every way, that would be yesterday, April 21st, 2014. From not sleeping well, to having one son being grumpy and out of sorts all day to the other being a typical annoying teen to me not eat well and "on plan" like I planned to.

I'm not going to detail everything, but it is completely obvious that how well I do with eating (and exercising) is directly correlated to my mood and my well-being. I was so COMPLETELY frazzled yesterday that I told my husband I needed a stiff drink. It was that terribly bad.

My autistic son (and I hate to label him as autistic as then everyone goes and thinks Rain Man) is VERY high functioning and most of the time he's a pretty happy kid, but when he has a bad day? So does EVERYONE else. And we're not just talking about a little bit bad either, but full out fits and refusals, etc. It's purely awful when he has a bad day.

Then, I know today, my hormones were probably raging as my period started out of the blue this morning and it is out of the blue. This peri menopause has me always guessing as to when my period will come. It didn't come for 4 months and now it came 19-20 days after the last one! I tend to get moody/emotional the day before and so... it was a great mix and how did I self-medicate? I used food.

Now, I didn't go SUPER crazy, but I did eat about 1000 more calories than I should and all of those calories were simple carbs - quick sugar fixes... a drug to my body for sure. There was NO stopping myself from eating more yesterday. I tried.

This morning I knew when I woke up that it was going to be OK. I knew I would be on plan. Something was different even though I hadn't heard a peep from anyone or stepped a foot out of bed. Something in my head was different - clearer.

And, so far so good. Now let's see if cake baking will be easy to keep the munching demons at bay.
Today is my younger son's birthday. Yep, an Earth Day baby!

And with that note - remember every day is earth day and every day you should try to think about ways to reduce, reuse and recycle.  The new three Rs.


No comments:

Post a Comment