Friday, April 25, 2014

Very stressful last few days and I have not turned to food

These last few days have been a roller coaster. Nothing terrible has happened, but parts of my life feel like they have been flipped upside down and I'm having to process a lot of new information.

It usually helps me to process new information and to deal with stresses by talking about it (ala this blog), but... there are some things, that at least for now, I can't blog about because it's too soon and doesn't just involve me and my feelings and my privacy.

That makes it even more stressful because I need to process it and my circle of places to do that are small normally, even smaller now.

I've been talking about it with my husband, my bestie from college and with a local friend here who was already mostly in the know, but for the most part, I am having to process alone.  Thank goodness I was already out of the funk or I might really be reeling.

And... I haven't turned to food - at all. Yesterday was probably one of the best days of all and that is despite chocolate being around EVERYWHERE because of Easter and also that yummy Easter bread!

Instead I had hard boiled eggs and coffee for breakfast, pesto hummus and veggies for lunch (and a tablespoon and a half of peanut butter) and for dinner, sauteed kohlrabi greens and kohlrabi root with two grilled brats. Desert was a small square of 80% dark chocolate.

Meanwhile, my family who was home all day (kids had a day off and husband took the day off - which is why I didn't blog as he was hogging the computer room) was eating chocolate and Easter bread and all those things I can't have or shouldn't have. And I was OK with it. I wasn't tempted by it in the least.

So, I'm handling stress better and I'm making sure to get more sleep which helps with the stress the most, of course. Never underestimate sleep!

Today is "get everything done before the weekend" day. My husband is playing in a chess tournament all weekend, so it will be me all weekend entertaining the kids which is just really the 9 year old as the 17 year old is basically independent in that regard.


Oh, but for a visual treat - I have a birds nest that was built in a Christmas wreath. The mommy house finch laid 6 eggs and over the last 24 hours the eggs have hatched. I don't know how many of them there are, but there are at least 4 of them in that tiny nest. As always, you can click on the photo to make it bigger.


This photo shows 5 eggs, but the next day there was a 6th egg. Nest contents as viewed through the mirror.


Babies in the nest. I rotated this image so the reflection is right side up so it's easier to see the less than 24 hour old hatchlings.





No comments:

Post a Comment