Thursday, July 30, 2015

What I just said about attitudes changing?

Well, that might be true, but that doesn't mean that I like seeing zero movement on the scale either - especially after a huge uptick with vacation! I know it's from eating more carbs than usually even though the calorie count is right on. My balance of nutrients has been off which then gets reflected in other ways.



BUT... cake is gone (but gosh did I enjoy my two tiny slices) and now it's truly back to not only timing and amount of my normal food, but also TYPE of my normal food - lowish carb, intermittent fasting, under 1400 calories (on non-exercise days).

Weather here is AWFUL and it's making me realize more and more that a treadmill that can also act as a walking desk is the way to go. Truly 1/3 to 1/2 of the year it's not pleasant to walk outside, so having an alternative to outdoor walking IN the office seems like a good idea.

At home, I have other options - I can do trx, videos, dance to Wii games, or go to the gym. It's the work days that are really hard to fit it all in. I simply WILL NOT get up early (especially in winter months) to work out and I'm too tired after dinner to work out. My days are 7 am to 7:30 pm without gym days added. I need to spend some time with my family and I need some time on other aspects of life. So, I can bring the "gym" to the office! sound like an idea? On work at home days and off days, I can fit more stuff in.

Today is my long day at the office, so I had a big lunch to serve as lunch and dinner. I love those days! If I lived by myself, I would have late lunch be my meal choice always. Eat at 1:30-2pm and then just be done for the day! However, we won't be living the life of retirees for like, forever!




No comments:

Post a Comment