Monday, July 6, 2015

25 pounds down, a gazillion to go!!!

But, it s a really, really good start and it's still easy.

This long weekend I decided that I needed to get a walking desk at work. Any movement I can throw in there WHILE working, the better. Reality is (for me), I work in a beautiful area, but I would never take a walk during work if it meant I needed to stay at work even longer.

I love my job. I really love my job, but I also love being home with my family and staying at work longer means I get less time with my family.

So, that will be my birthday/Christmas present to myself for a LONG time to come as it's pricey, but it's worth it.

I did several mock ups of my office and I could make it fit in any number of ways. I also realized that if I absolutely HATE IT, I can return it, or better yet, sell it to someone who wants to use it. If I buy high quality stuff, it will hold most of its value.  I think the arrangement I like best for the office is this one:


Furniture are right size, but not right colors/shapes. Like, the app I'm using doesn't have a treadmill, but has an exercise bike, so I scaled that to size.  I think I would keep my current desk for now. It is for certain that I need a place to sit as well as stand/walk... I just don't know if I want to invest in something that can sit and stand NOW. Or go with something just for standing. AND if I like it for sitting and standing, I can always put a chair on the treadmill (yes, you can do that, just has to be a type of chair that won't hurt the treadmill. People do it all the time.

I don't know... big desk? Small desk? If I do a big desk (big enough for sitting and standing), then the only floor layout that works well is this one. (Or flipping it so that the desk is at the door, but that would mean removing a wall shelf... something I could do in the future. This way though, I can look out the window which helps my spirit!) 


Insane idea for working in an office just 3 days a week? One day is at home, another day I'm  running around the entire time I'm here, so not sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment