Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feeling the cloud lift with the cold going away

I'm always a bit amazed at how much colds affect me. I think they must affect my energy level more than the average person. Definitely affects me more than it affects my husband and it's always been that way. I just feel like I walk through the day walking through mud.

Yesterday, however, I had a pep in my step. I walked to and from my son's school twice and did it as fast as my legs would take me. I made it a challenge at home that each time I went up the stairs, I ran up the stairs and I didn't purposefully try to make as few trips as possible - like I usually do. I was feeling better.

Today is continuing the trend. I got a good night of sleep last night so that is two nights in a row of better sleep. It's still not long enough, but it's on the right track and guess what?

I'm making better food decisions with better sleep and with feeling better. How everything is so connected and the key to doing well and feeling well is to make the best food and sleep decisions as much as possible.

So, tonight I'm doing the double class. Hoping it will go well.

Did yoga last night with my husband at the gym. When we were struggling to do a pose on the floor I looked over at him and said, "This is so romantic." And he laughed. But at least we were doing something together that was good for us. Date night will come soon. We haven't had a date since October. How does it seem to happen that the only times we go out on a date is when there is an occasion to? Means we need to find more occasions! Twice a year is not ideal!

OK... little guy is off from school early today as it's teacher conference time and I promised him we would go to the mall so he can play for a bit. We already rode the bike for a bit and he is so proud of himself!

Stats for 2/15/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 174.8
Total hours worked out in 2012: 32.5/250

No comments:

Post a Comment