Monday, February 27, 2012

Bouncing up and down the same pound

It gets frustrating to be sooooo good and to be greeted with the same pound or two on the scale. Day after day. Week after week. Ugh! My little gizmo is telling me I'm at a deficit nearly every day and some days by a lot, but my body's rhythm has other plans. It's called stall out time of the month Melissa! Remember? It doesn't help that I didn't get as much exercise in the weeks I usually lose more, so my losses were less than they have been in the past. I have now dropped out of the 175 range, but still am hovering at the 273-274 range. One pound loss last month? That bites!

But, I can feel my body is changing. My stomach is tightening up. The muscles are holding themselves in better - I don't have to suck it in consciously as they are being sucked in on their own. I feel stronger. I feel better, so I know eventually the scale will catch up.

On Saturday I did bodypump as I always do and I was able to increase the weights on several muscle groups which is a good sign. And, because parking was so tight, I ran into the gym from a far distant parking lot. Me. Ran. That felt great and kind of tested me on the whole, "Do I think I could run?" idea. I'm not sure I can, but I will be tossing it in a bit here and there. Sunday I didn't get formal exercise in but I burned enough calories to have a decent deficit for the day and today will be a step aerobics day.

I just really want the scale to start moving. It's been stuck for what seems like forever and ever!

Stats for 2/27/12
Highest weight: 275  Now: 174.8
Total hours exercised in 2012: 41/250

No comments:

Post a Comment