Sunday, May 25, 2014

I feel like I indulged so much

...but I really didn't!  This morning I had my normal coffee with half and half for breakfast and a sampling of the chocolate butter cream I was using to ice cupcakes.  Then, we had a reception after our usual Sunday meeting and I had a bit of cheese and homemade crackers and one tiny mini cupcake I made for the event.

When I got home, husband wanted iced coffee, so I had some with him. Plus, the Oreos were just calling me.  I had 2 and as I was hungry, a tablespoon and half of peanut butter.  Dinner rolled around and I had a nice salad and a good helping of grilled pork. And, as I have had almost every night a square of dark chocolate for dessert.

I had sweets, I had snacks and my calories for today came in at 1500. That is my target top limit for most days. So even on this special occasion day I managed to stay within the caloric budget and felt I really indulged.

How can my perspective change so much?  7 weeks ago I was gobbling 3000-4000 calories a day!  Now a 1500 calorie day feels indulgent? And I'm not saying I feel guilty for eating what I ate or feeling out of control and just wanting to eat junk.  No. I made choices today and I'm ok with those choices. I feel like I had good meals and treats and feel fully satisfied. Oh how I wish I could keep this feeling always versus falling into that abyss I was in for months. I don't ever want to go back there again.

We spent hours on the deck yesterday and today and that outdoor time, at home, just makes my mood soar.  I cannot explain it.  Gardening itself is a mood lifter, but this gorgeous weather and a shaded deck with beautiful nature and flowers around me? It just takes me over the top.






No comments:

Post a Comment