Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Graduation day and a record month!

Well, today was the day.  My teenage son graduated from high school!  My younger son said about halfway through the ceremony, "this is boring". And, at about 3/4s of the way through the graduate's names, "I'm going to die" (much to the amusement of the adults all around him who were probably thinking the same thing, but don't dare say it). We survived.... No tears or sadness, but happy to see it done.  It's been a rough 13 years of school for this very smart, very thoughtful, but very disorganized young man.

I told my husband that it doesn't feel weird to think of him graduating high school, but it is still weird to me he has to shave already! (And he's been shaving for a couple years now).  And, so, the obligatory graduation photos.  After seeing these I realized I'm the only one in the immediate family without red hair somewhere.  My boys have red hair and my husband has a red beard - all the same shade.  Maybe I need to dye my hair?

And,  today I did something I've never done.  I lost 10 pounds in a month.  Scale today read 222.4, so that is 10.6 pounds since May 1st. Yay me!

But to the graduating senior!










Only 9 more years to go until our second child graduates high school! Eek! Class of 2023? Does that sound like the far future to anyone else but me?


















No comments:

Post a Comment