Saturday, September 1, 2012

Facing the scale after a few days

I started the week so well. It ended so poorly. I'm back on track, but those few days off resulted in real weight gain (fat), I'm sure, and tons of water weight. Tonight my shoes that were falling off, barely fit my feet. LOTS of water there... which happens whenever I eat a more carb rich diet and I was eating too much sugar - again, to compensate for lack of sleep.

And while I hate that I slipped up and I am refighting the same pounds over and over again, I got to thinking about it in a rational way. Yes. This entire year I have made so little forward progress on the weight loss. I've gotten more fit (and lost a bit of that, but I'm gaining it back), but I had really hoped I would reach goal this year. Seems I won't unless something miraculous happens. 4 months to lose about 25 pounds? In the beginning of the journey that was possible. it's not this close to the end.

But I'm not going to beat myself up about that. Why? What it does mean is that I have managed to keep the weight off this year. I bounce around a bit - up and down, but I'm basically holding steady. I found a maintenance level. That in itself is a victory and I need to acknowledge that. I didn't lose the weight and then go all crazy and gain it all back.

I just keep trying to do the best I can - one day at a time and see where I end up. What's for certain, is that I'm in a much better place now - even if it's maintenance - than I have been ever in my adult life!

Doesn't mean I'm going to rest on my laurels - nope! I want to keep pushing forward, but I also don't want to lose site of the big success I am having too!

So, fess up time with the scale - 182.8... right about where I was when I came back from Croatia. Lets see (again) how much is water with reeling in the sugar consumption (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment