Friday, February 15, 2013

I need to read up on refeeds

So, I was feeling super, duper lethargic on Wednesday. On Thursday, I ate quite a bit more - like at maintenance level. Nah, it was above maintenance and yesterday at maintenance level and now I feel great.  I also didn't exercise yesterday (had an appt. with a dentist in another state and I'm resting that knee a bit). Today? I'm full of energy and I can't wait to jump into class today at 10:45 am.

I think I needed a refeed. I needed a mini break to just eat some more so that I can dive back in. It had been 2 full weeks since I had eaten above maintenance. All other days I eat between 1250-1400 and exercise for an hour 5 days a week. That is supposedly creating about a 800 caloric deficit every day, approximately.

My body just said, "I'm tired dude. You need to give us more than that!" So, I did and now I'm ready to go. I've noticed that at other times too - a mini break in the eating department can do wonders for boosting the energy level, but it's finding that balance so that I can still create enough of a deficit at other times so that I can still get a decent loss for the month. Eating at or slightly above maintenance for 2-3 days a month should be doable.

Another way to do it would be to just eat a bit more every day, but I'm not hungry. Or at least I don't feel hungry. It just kind of gangs up on me all at once of "enough... FUEL!!!" Plus, the way my body loses - all weight loss for the month in 10 days of the 28 day cycle, it's hard to know what kind of deficit I'm really creating until the WHOOSH has passed and happened.

But I need to study up on refeeds. My body seems to need them.

With that said, now I'm off to get ready to Zumba! This is the class with the spitball of energy for an instructor. She is AWESOME and my heart gets racing. Good cardio - strength tomorrow if my knee feels up to it. Otherwise I might do a cardio/strength/toning lighter class until I can be sure this knee is OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment