Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This week has been rough

And it's 100% because of lack of sleep.

This getting back into the school routine is taking it's toll. Add to that my younger son is having nightmares and waking every other night and is not able to fall back to sleep. My sleep only gets disturbed. His is lost. Which, then of course, means his behavior goes south which then frazzles me even more. At best I'm getting 6 hours of sleep with trying to be sure everything is done before going to bed. That would leave me about 6-6.5 hours of sleep. Then add in those waking disturbances and I'm a zombie. A zombie who then gets frazzled by another zombie.

What that also means is that my eating goes south. I start snacking on sugary foods for energy. UGH... I know what is the problem, but I simply cannot reel things in when I'm sleep deprived. I just don't CARE enough when I am so utterly tired.

So, my son had one of those nights last night. I've had about 5 hours of sleep. I need to get to the grocery store. I need to make more yogurt. I need to make dinner and a birthday cake for my son's birthday tomorrow (it needs to refrigerate overnight).  And, of course, I need to work. I'm nearly in tears thinking about all I have to do today as I have no energy.

I sometimes wonder even with synthetic thyroid meds if things just aren't right ever. Like, is it normal to feel this tired from a few disturbed nights? Is it normal to need to rely on carbs and caffeine to make it through the day? I can feel my eyes... like they are looking through a foggy window. Everything about me today is just fuzzy due to lack of good sleep.

Of course, the best remedy is to take a nap and I think I will do that. Much better to take a couple hours out of the day than to slug through it getting nothing done.

Because of eating sugary foods the last few days, the scale is up too - of course.

Stats for 8/28/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 178.2

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's the worst, I'm sorry he's having rough nights (which means you are, too, of course!). Between the two preschoolers and the toddler someone is always waking up at night, if it isn't me having to go the the bathroom, so I hear you on the loss of sleep. And like you, it means I crave more junk and carny, nasty stuff, too. Sometimes you just have to bear with it for a season, hopefully he won't have many more sleep disturbances!

    And the scale will take care of itself, just do your best to avoid the sleep deprivation munchies. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete