Thursday, April 11, 2013

The appetite definitely changes with the seasons

Sorry to disappear for a wee bit. Kids had spring break last week and I had less free time than I'm used to. Plus, I was still in a funk and I just couldn't think of anything I wanted to write.

Boy, what a difference a bit of sunshine, open windows and some time outside makes! I feel way better!

And boy did the weather change. We went from cold and miserable  to 90 degrees nearly overnight. It's a bit too hot, of course, but the sun has been shining and I've had a chance to take walks, to stroll through my garden and so on. And because of it, I feel like a new person and with renewed motivation to pick things up a notch (or two).

What's been interesting is that alllllll late fall and winter I have been hungry. I've given into temptations over and over too. I would drop a bit of weight, gain it back, drop a bit, gain it back. Even when I was on plan, eating only 1500 calories felt like torture.

As soon as the weather started to heat up and the chill broke, I stopped being so hungry. With this heat, I'm not even remotely hungry. The last three days I've eat right around 1200 calories and I haven't felt famished and that's with exercise on those days too.

My husband is feeling it too. He only ate half his dinner last night. He has taken lighter lunches too. Both of our bodies have switched from, "must eat" to, "Ok, you survived the winter and can stop eating everything in sight now." So now, hopefully, it will be easier to take off these pounds so that I can fit in more of my summer clothes.

And I have to admit, I was a bit afraid of what would be wearable of my summer clothes. I grabbed my jean shorts from the drawer - dried in the dryer jeans shorts and to my happy surprise, they fit just fine. I tried on a skirt yesterday. It fit too. Though I remember that skirt being on the verge of being put in the donation pile last spring as my waist was swimming in it. Now I can barely fit the waist. Last spring I was 165 around this time. Now I'm around 185. Big difference!

So, here's to hoping that being on plan with eating will be easier and easier. I NEED it to be easier as this winter was very, very difficult for me (and my husband - he gained 15 pounds too!)

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you. It was 70 this week (while I was in work) and now it is 39 and they are talking sleet. Ugh. But I too find summer easier to diet. That is why I am trying to get back on the wagon over the next 5 months. Also, get your sun and vitamin D, which has been shown to help weight loss.

    ReplyDelete