Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some days of exercise are just plain hard

I could tell today that it would be a tough workout. I was tired this morning. But, I'm determined. I must get to the gym and I must work out. And yes, every single minute of the step routine was difficult. There are 11 songs and through each one I would just cross it out mentally in my head. Going, 'just 5 more', "just 3 more" and so on.  I was hoping that once I got started I would burst through that barrier of drudgery, but I didn't.

Sure I felt good later and I was proud of myself for going, but just a week ago - that same routine, after not exercising for 3 weeks, felt easy. Today it felt horribly hard. What is up with that? Am I pushing too hard? I'm only exercising an hour a day. I'm not under eating, so why? I wish I could figure it out! I don't understand how it can vary so much from day to day, but man I hate the hard days. Makes me want to never exercise again when it's hard like that - when you never reach that high from it.

Now to figure out what exercise to do tomorrow. I think I'm going to try Zumba Toning and see how I like that.

Stats for 11/9/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 180.2
Total miles walked in 2011: 871/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment