Monday, May 30, 2011

Had our first swim of the season and potatoes!

My six year old was one happy boy! He warmed up to the water pretty quickly and of course, didn't want to get out like ever. We finally talked him out of the pool, walked back home and fed the hungry child while I prepared dinner for the rest of us.

After dinner and putting the little guy to bed (he was so sleepy that he was crying from being so tired), my husband and I took a walk. Now, we left at 8:50 pm. There was just a hint of light in the sky. I guess his idea was to take a leisurely walk around the lake, but I didn't know that and started walking briskly. Being a good sport and also wanting to get more fit, he just walked with me. Most of the trail was visible (sky was bright as the moon is getter fuller, but in the tree covered areas, it was pretty dark. It was fun though. And after that walk, it was time to check my blood sugar levels after eating potatoes with dinner. Potatoes are another food that has no spiking effect on my blood sugar. It was 80 two hours after eating. Pasta (fresh cheese filled tortellini is what I tired it with) is the only food so far that has had a spiking effect on me. Still in the 'safe' zone, but much higher than other foods - 128. So, what that means is so far, Quinoa and potatoes seem to be OK. Pasta, not so much and i won't try bread or rice as I know those will spike me and I just don't feel the need to eat those foods.

So glad today is a holiday. Sleeping is a good thing!

Stats for 5/30/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 208  (about 47 and a half pounds lost)
Exercise total hours for 2011: 173
Walking/Biking total miles in 2011: 452/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment