Thursday, March 3, 2011

About my fitness videos

So, yesterday I talked about what exercise videos I have. They had been boxed up for over a decade, moved from Philadephia to Ontario, Canada, to Iowa, to northern Virginia to finally be opened up in Maryland. I thought about selling them many times because even if I did start a road back to fitness, I wasn't sure I wanted to do exercise videos. In many ways I felt shame for coming so far only to give up. I didn't know how I would feel having to start completely over with the easiest things I had. Well, I guess in time I healed and rekindled my interest in the fitness videos I used to love using. Now I had fond memories of how powerful I felt while doing the video. I was ready to start again!

But I needed to take stock. What exactly did I have? Discovered I had a couple duplicates when I bought a few a few years ago, thinking of starting up again. And sadly, there are several "never opened" videos. Over Christmas we added a few things for the Wii for fitness too. They are all detailed below:

Aaron Lankford's - Power Kick
Buns of Steel - Step 2000
Cathe Friedrich - How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding
Cathe Friedrich - Step Jam (new in package)
Claudia Schiffer - Perfectly Fit Abs (new in package)
Claudia Schiffer - Perfectly Fit Arms (new in package)
Claudia Schiffer - Perfectly Fit Buns (new in package)
David-Dorian Ross - Tai Chi Beginning Practice (DVD)
Donna Richardson - Donnamite Aerobic Workout
Donna Richardson - 4 Day Rotation Workout
Elle McPherson - Your Personal Best Workout
Firm Parts - Tough Aerobic Mix (new in package)
Gay Gasper - 2 Tape Set - The Next Step Intermediate/Advanced
Gay Gasper - 2 Tape Set - Sensational Step/Awesome Abs
Gilad - Fat Burning Workout
Gilad - New Beginner's Workout
Gin Miller - New Body Workout
Gin Miller - One on One Circuit Training
Jane Fonda - Low Impact Aerobics and Strength
Joanie Gregaine's Ultimate Step Workout
Karen Voigt - Energy Sprint
Karen Voigt - Great Weighted Workout
Karen Voigt - Pure and Simple Stretch
Karen Voigt - Strong and Smooth Moves
Kari Anderson - Step Aerobic and Abdominal Workout
Kathy Smith - Fat Burning Workout
Kathy Smith - Great Buns and Thighs Step Workout
Kathy Smith - Instant Workout
Kathy Smith - Latin Rhythm Workout
Kathy Smith - Power Step Workout
Kathy Smith - Secrets to a Great Body
Kathy Smith - Secrets to a Great Body Vol. 2 Lower Body
Kathy Smith - Step Workout
Kathy Smith - Timesaver Cardio Fat Burner
Kathy Smith - Timesaver Lift Weights to Lose Weight
Kathy Smith - Total Body Workout
Kathy Smith - Weight Loss Workout (new in package)
Leslie Sansone - Walk Aerobics, 2 Mile Walk
Leslie Sansone - Walk off Weight at Home Vol. 3 - 4 miles
Linda Evans - A New You Aerobics Workout
NAC System - Interval Challenge
Patricia Walden - P.M. Yoga for Beginners
Paula Abdul - Get Up and Dance
Reebok - Aerostep
Reebok - Power Blast (new in package)
Reebok Step - The Video (new in package)
Reebok Step - The Video (oops! I have two!)
Richard Simmons - Blast Off (new in package)
Richard Simmons - Groovin in the House (new in package)
Richard Simmons - Sweat and Shout
Richard Simmons - Sweatin to the Oldies (DVD - new in package)
Richard Simmons - Sweatin to the Oldies 2 (DVD- new in package)
Richard Simmons - Sweatin to the Oldies 3 (DVD- new in package)
Richard Simmons - Sweatin to the Oldies 3 (VHS - new in package)
Richard Simmons - Sweatin to the Oldies 4 (DVD- new in package)
Richard Simmons - Tone and Sweat
Starting Simple Series - Easy Aerobics
Susan Powter - Burn Fat and Get Fit
Tae Bo -Basic
Tae Bo - Instructional
Tamilee - Building Tighter Assets
Wii - Michael Jackson - the Experience
Wii - Olympics Winter Games
Wii - Shaun White Snowboarding - Road Trip
Wii - Ski
Wii - Sports Resort
Wii - Walk it Out
Wii - Wii Fit Plus
:08 Min - Abs (new in package)
:08 Min - Arms (new in package)
:08 Min - Buns (new in package)
:08 Min - Legs (new in package)

That's over 70 exercise videos or games (mostly videos on VHS). While some of them I know I'll probably never use (most of the Wii stuff is for my son and my husband - I'm not into those little games). Some are really for those at intermediate (much of Karen Voigt's stuff and Cathe Friedrich's). Some I think I bought with a purpose, but can't recall what - :08 Min stuff. And others I know I used a lot - Reebok Step, Kathy Smith, Donna Richardson and Richard Simmons.

Last time I started I began with Richard Simmons. I needed to see normal people doing normal routines. While I like they are short and dancy, I don't like the choreography much. Or maybe better said, the cuing for the choreography. I did the first Sweatin to the Oldies yesterday and it was fun to do it again after leaving it for over a decade. I did this video probably more than any other as it was my first and only for quite awhile in 1998. I chose it because I remembered it being short and since I was tacking it on after doing 60 minutes of Walk It Out and my push-ups and sit-ups, I didn't want to go too long with a longer video. The only thing I forgot about it was that there was lots of twisting movements which is fine on wood floors, but I'm on a carpet. Perhaps I'll need to get a mat or something because I'm afraid of straining my knees/ankles with those movements as the carpet in the basement is quite squishy.

Only other videos I can remember much about is Reebok Step -I just remember liking it. Donna Richardson's Donnamite, which the only thing I can remember about it is one of the short dancers either being annoying or fun to watch - can't recall and I know I like Karen Voigt as she's so professional and strong, but her stuff tends to hurt my knees with lots of lunges. Kathy Smith is , as a fitness instructor I find a bit annoying, if I recall right, but her stuff was at a perfect level for after Richard Simmons and for someone at an intermediate level. I think she has beginner, intermediate and advanced people doing all the moves and I liked that, but I can't pick out which videos I've done or liked and as you can see, I have a lot of Kathy Smith.

I have a couple kickboxing videos and I never could get into that, but I'll keep them for now for something different. And an odd one I liked was Gilad. I don't know why I liked it, but I remember it being a good workout for me. I kind of recall 'some' of these videos, but it's really fuzzy. It will be fun starting up again and seeing what I like and don't like. I'm going to try REALLY HARD not to get anything new (except maybe Dance 2 for Wii) as I have so many things to go to, but that will be hard as I'm excited to try Zumba and all the other new things out there I keep hearing about! But first, to use what I have. It will make my husband happy for me not to spend money on something I obviously don't need! And, if they gave me good workouts in the past, they will again now!

Stats for 3/3/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6   Now: 240.8*
Exercise hours in 2011: 54.5 hours
Walking totals in 2011: 179/1000 miles
Push-ups (girly): Beginning: 15 (with breaks between each 5) Now: 20 (breaks after 10)
Crunches: Beginning: 25  Now: 65

* I know - fourth day of gain in a row. VERY frustrating. But, I know I'm eating right, I'm exercising right. It has to be water and my ankles were very puffy last night. This too shall pass, but yes, it's annoying and frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment