Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 of the new year, scale is sky high

I don't know if I can ever do a "but it's the holidays" mentality break again because coming off it is hard. I now have 14 pounds to get to where I was on December 15th. That 2.5 weeks ago and I've gained all of that weight in the meantime. I don't care if it's 100% water weight. It's hard for the head to wrap around that.

Yesterday we went to a New Year's Day party. And it was full of goodies and I ate some. Not binging, just sampling and oh my goodness. You would think I sat and stuffed my face for hours instead. Up almost 3 pounds on the scale this morning. My gut feels huge. Like HUGE. Unbelievable!

Hope my husband doesn't mind, but I think I'll be skipping his birthday cake. I'll make it but not eat it. Can't do any more of this holiday eating and still keep my head in the right place.

It doesn't help that I went to sign up for a fitness class for tomorrow and the class is already full. 23 hours in advance and it's full because of all the new year resolutions to get fit and lose weight everyone else is making. Ugh!

Today my mentee is coming (should be here any minute) and exercise for today is out except for working out in the basement which I will really try to squeeze in. I need to feel I'm doing something to get back on track!

Stats for 1/2/12:

Highest weight: 275. Now: 185.6

No comments:

Post a Comment