Saturday, July 9, 2011

My goal for this stall out period

So far this cycle, I have a new mental outlook with this 2.5 week stall out. A new goal! My new goal is to be able to maintain and minimize the weight gain for this stall out. Last month, with the end of the school year business and trying to figure out what exercise I wanted to do (finding walking getting boring and working out in my basement at night too difficult mentally to force myself to do), I went a little light. I tried to make up for lighter exercise with lighter calorie days, but in the end, I didn't lose as much last cycle as I usually do and I gained a lot more water weight than I usually do.

This month, with finding I love going to the gym and I love doing a mix of cardio and weight training classes, I feel refocused. Now, expecting and hoping for any weight loss during my monthly stall out is setting myself up for failure, but I can push myself harder during the stall out so that I can minimize the water gain and then, I should then see an increase in the big whoosh during the second half of the cycle. I know my body's rhythms now and instead of getting frustrated by them, I need to work with them.

With that, I'm finding I really love BodyPump which is a cardio weight training class. I don't know why they call it that because it does not raise my heart rate to cardio level. I am pushing myself to the point of failure with all the reps, but my heart rate stays around 85-90. During cardio workouts my heart rate is between 145-155.

Anyway, I love the weight training. So far I've done the class four times. The last two Wednesdays and last Saturday and today. If I can get signed in early enough, I would like to switch to Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of BodyPump and Wednesday and Friday of BodyStep and Sunday and Monday of Zumba and then throw in some tennis some evenings. That's 3 days a week of weight training and 4 days  a week of cardio - an hour a day. If I keep that up and keep up with my eating (which I don't tend to have problems with), then I should be able to keep the water weight gain to a minimum because I should be (I hope) losing weight at the same rate I'm adding on water weight - making it a wash on the scale for at least most of the stall out. Right before ovulation, I tend to gain 2-3 pounds, so I can't expect to erase all the water weight extra pounds on the scale, but I can sure try to minimize it!

Plus, it's been awhile since I took a slice of pizza away from the image on the side! I got so close last cycle (.8 of a pound), so I'm really motivated to get to 60 pounds lost this cycle plus more!

With other things, my youngest is sick. He got feverish Thursday evening. He probably picked something up at the Kidspace in one of the gyms, but what can I do? Yesterday when I did BodyStep, I had my older son stay home and watch him. At the time, he wasn't very feverish and was eating a little and drinking a little. I asked the little guy if it was OK if I went and he said yes. So, I had my older son sit in the room with him with his phone and instructed him to call me if anything changed or he needed me. The gym is 8 minutes away, so I felt safe enough going to one class. I had my phone in eye distance and checked between each song. When I came home, he ate a little and then took a cat nap. Today seems to be a repeat of yesterday. Nothing terribly serious, just some virus taking him out of commission. Unfortunately, we were invited to two parties for today. An adult party and a neighbor kid's party. We'll skip the kid's party (sending the gift over) and my husband will go alone to the other party (it's one of his coworker's party). So glad I got a chance to go to the gym today and yesterday though because otherwise I'm sitting around trying to keep the little guy comfortable.

Stats for 7/9/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6 Now: 197.8
Exercise total hours for 2011: 214
Total number of miles walked/biked in 2011: 583

No comments:

Post a Comment